03-29-2008 11:39 AM - edited 09-08-2008 08:59 AM
User Forum Guidelines
Please note that the Forum is not an official customer support channel for Pitney Bowes. If you require direct assistance, please contact Customer Support directly (see our Customer Support page at http://www.pb.com/support).
To keep the Forum pleasant, open, safe and productive for everyone, please observe these simple guidelines:
1. Visit often, browse, and
post - Asking
questions and helping others will keep the Forum lively and interesting. Feel
free to jump into any discussion with a new question, insight, or solution!
2. Stay on topic - If you're replying to an existing thread, stick to the topic in the thread's title. If you want to comment on a different issue, look for the appropriate board and start a new thread. Avoid personal topics and posts that refer to controversial off-topic subjects such as religion, politics, race, nationality, gender, or sexual orientation.
3. Account-related questions – Raise these with Customer Support, not on the forum. The forum is for user-to-user discussion and is not an official channel for support. If you need help with your account – things like fees or leases – please pose them in the appropriate Customer Support channel.
4. Keep your personal information private - To protect yourself and others from spamming and other potential abuse, don't include any personal information about yourself or others in your posts. Keep email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, names, and other personally identifiable information to yourself.
5. Search before posting - If you have a relevant question, there's a chance that it has already been asked and answered and that a quick search will find your solution. If not, please post!
6. Treat others with respect - Make the community a productive
place for all by keeping the tone helpful and supportive. Posts that denigrate people, products, or
companies are not allowed and will be removed from the Forum.
7. Make sure your posts are
legal and appropriate
- Posts that are unlawful,
harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of
another's privacy, vulgar, profane, sexually explicit, obscene, racially or
ethnically offensive or otherwise objectionable or that promote any of above or
that are otherwise objectionable or injurious are not allowed and will be
removed. Don't post links to websites that display this type of content. If you do not follow these guidelines, you
full description of restricted topics and your potential liability in
8. Respect copyrights and
intellectual property rights - Your posts should be your own ideas and material. Don't
post anything that violates or infringes on any copyright, patent, trademark,
trade secret, or other proprietary rights. Don't post links to websites that
offer downloads that violate intellectual property rights.
9. Have personal
conversations in the Private Message channel - You may want to send a message to another user
without having it appear as part of the public conversation. Just click the user's name to go to his or
her profile, then click "Send this user a private message." Please
note that the content of Private Messages is subject to the same guidelines and
10. Ask for help - Moderators are here to help. Send any Moderator or Admin a private message if you have a question or can't figure out how to do something. Suggestions or new ideas? Post them to the Feedback Board.