Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
cidman
Accepted Solution

Print Result is not complete

[ Edited ]

Dear Pitney Bowes,

I have just manage to find this forum of Pitney Bowes. I have the PB printer here in my office for more than 3 years already and I have some problem just comes up. I am located in Indonesia and bought the printer from Singapore. I have tried to write to PB Singapore for the problem but they still didn't give any answers to my problem.

Below is the result of the printer. The printhead is suddenly moving roughly and the print result comes up like this. I have try to check and don't know what's caused this. My friend suspect that this is because that there is scracthes on the encoder strip. But I am not sure about this. Can anyone have any idea of what might caused this? I need help since our project is depending on this printer. Thank you very much. My printer type is: Pitney Bowes DA500

Frequent Contributor
karios

Re: Print Result is not complete

cidman,

Have you tried cleaning your machine using the compressed air and cleaning wipes in the cleaning kit? Have you tried cleaning the nozzles using the maintenance function on your machine? If you have more than one maintenance option (i.e., Purge A, Purge B, Purge C, Purge D), I recommend running a test after  each purge cycle. In my experience, it is often necessary to run only the first one or two cycles; continued purging only makes the print worse.

If you continue having the problem after taking these steps, I suspect that your machine needs a new printhead.

SandyD

Hi cidman,

Welcome to the community! We hope the advice karios gave resolves your issue.

If you have any additional questions on this topic, another topic, or about the community in general, please let us know.  I saw you introduced yourself in the introductions thread.  Thanks!  :smileyhappy:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Helpful Tips:
  • If you have any questions regarding the board please drop me a Private Message.

• If a post has answered your query please check the "Accept as Solution" button to mark it as the solution.

• If you find a post helpful, please click the star under the poster's icon to give them some Kudos. This is a great way to say "Thanks!"
New Contributor
cidman

Kairos,

thank you so much for your reply.

For your 1st suggestion, can you elaborate it more? Which part of the machine that you referring to cleaning kit? Are you suggesting me to spray the machines from paper dust?

For your 2nd suggestion, I've tried the maintenance option. There is only 1 purge option on my machine. And the problem still occured.

I will go to your 3rd suggestion after I have now what you meant by your 1st suggestion. And fortunately I have an extra new printhead. Just a slight different with the attached printhead on the printer. The current printer that are used comes with 1 black cartridge docking, the extra new printhead comes with 2 docking, colour and black.

To explain more of my situation. When I said "The printhead is suddenly moving roughly", it was like the printhead is stuck with some barrier. So, the printhead moved falterly and stutterly sound. So, because of that, the print result is like the attached picture.

Hopes my explanation is clearer than before.

Thanks again Kairos...

Frequent Contributor
karios

Hi, cidman.

Yes, I was suggesting that you blow dust out of your machine using compressed air. PB usually sends a little cleaning kit when you purchase your machine, which includes a can of compressed air and some moist cleaning towlettes, and these supplies can be purchased through PB. I'm not familiar with your particular machine, but I would open every compartment on your machine accessible and blow into it with the duster from every angle. I would also wipe down all accessible parts with the towelettes. It sounds like the printhead is getting stuck, so there may be a sticky build-up inside the machine.

I hope that a thorough cleaning will do the trick for you!

New Contributor
cidman

Karios.... sorry for the late reply.

I have manage to get the printer up and running again. apparently there is problem on the printhead.... after trying to clean it, the printer works again. thank you