Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Visitor
JGEEZ

Padded envelope rates

Could you tell me the rates for padded envelopes?
PB-Emeritus
PB-Elizabeth

Re: Padded envelope rates

Hello JGEEZ!

Thanks for the question!

I will need a bit more information from you to help you determine what the postage price would be for a padded envelope, as postage is dependent on a lot of factors:

1.  At what CLASS of Mail are you sending the padded envelopes?  First-Class?  Priority Mail?  Media Mail?   etc...

2.  Are you just mailing a few padded envelopes or are you attempting to do a big, presorted mailing of several hundred?

3.  What is the size and weight of the padded envelope (including the contents)?  And can the envelope bend (i.e., is it flexible)?

To be priced as a First-Class Mail letter, the envelope cannot be larger than 6 1/8 x 11 1/2 x 1/4" or weigh more than 3.5 ounces.  If it doesn't bend, or if it isn't rectangular, it might be subject to a surcharge.

To be priced as a First-Class Mail flat, the envelope cannot be larger than 12 x 15 x 3/4 or weigh more than 13 ounces.  The envelope must be flexible. 

If the mailpiece exceeds any of the size requirements of a "flat" or is not flexible, then it must be rated as a First-Class Mail parcel. 

And if it weighs more than 13 ounces, regardless of size, it must be rated as Priority Mail.

So if you could kindly give me a bit more detail about your mailpiece, I can give you better information!

Thanks so much!

Elizabeth